Lapland North Destinations
Destination Management Organization of the North Lapland.
Unique tourism destinations with nature wonders and local culture.
Opportunities for year-round travel offered by Finland’s two largest national parks.
Arctic wilderness and high-quality services.
In 2022 total of 564 300 overnight stays in the region.
main focus at the moment is to develop summer connections
- The most northern airport of the EU and Finland.
- Owned by Finavia.
- Serves all the Lapland North Destinations.
- Good facilities and service.
- 198 000 pax in 2022 (240 000 in 2019).
- 938 landings in 2022 (713 domestic, 225 international)
- 1164 landings in 2019 (928 domestic, 236 international)
Untapped Destination Potential in Lapland North
- Ivalo airport serves the whole northern Lapland
- many growing destinations
- tourism overnights back to pre-covid but the flight connections not
- most important markets UK, France, Germany and the Netherlands
- the biggest growth from the Netherlands, USA and India
- new investments in tourism - more capacity for coming years
- a gateway to Northern Norway and the Arctic Ocean (cruise customers)
- new investmens in cold testing facilities