Instructions for Covid-19 testing when arriving at Ivalo airport
If you are born in 2005 or before and arrive from a country where the incidence of Covid-19 is more than 10 per 100000, it is mandatory to get tested within 24 hours after arrival if you do not have one of the following certificates:
- Full series of Corona vaccinations at least 2 weeks before arrival
- Laboratory-proven Covid-19 infection less than 6 months before arrival
- Negative test result for Covid-19 less than 72 hours before arrival
You also have to get tested within 3–5 days after arrival in the following cases:
- You have been tested within 72 hours before arrival.
- You have not been tested within 72 hours before arrival and need to take the first test within 24 hours after arrival.
You are responsible for getting tested. According to the Finnish law, breaking this rule will be punished with a fine. Testing is free of charge.
You should avoid contact with other people until you have gotten a negative test result from the second test.
Contact Ivalo Health Centre and book an appointment for corona test by calling +358 40 188 7400 on weekdays between 8:15 - 10:00 and 13:00 -14:00. In sudden and urgent cases, please call the on-call nurse's number +358 40 770 9187 at any time, 24/7. The address is Sairaalantie 15, Ivalo.
Please do not go to the health centre without calling first. The health centre operates a call-back system if they are too busy to answer your call. Listen to the instructions and follow them.
If you continue your trip to some other location from Ivalo, you will have to find out the local testing point and go to the second test there.